August 2021 President’s Blog
Greetings CSSGA Members,
Summer has been in full swing and thankfully back to normal for most of us. The CSSGA has several updates below, it was great to see a lot of you in person at our June Networking Event. Below are several bullet points for what we have been doing and what is to come.
June Networking Event was a huge success.
- CRMCA and CSSGA joined forces and held our first full in person event in Denver at the ACE Eat & Serve on June 15. Over 60 people attended on a warm summer’s evening. To see members and talk with people in person, versus the infamous ZOOM meetings that became part of our lives, was truly refreshing. Thanks to all our sponsors and those who came out for the evening. This was the first of many more to come!
- Next up is our Summer Conference. This year’s event is scheduled for August 12-13 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Vail, and Eagle Vail Golf Course. This will be our first year we partner with CSSGA (CRMCA) for a summer event. It will begin with Board of Director meetings the afternoon of Aug 12, followed by the first annual Rock & Roll Race!!! Yes, there are advantages to inviting the rock guys! While we normally work together on industry related issues, Thursday evening will be a head-to-head competition to see if you have the fastest Rock in Colorado. Just bring your 1 inch or smaller rock, or pick from one we supply, and get in line for the racetrack. We will also golf on Friday and have a dinner function Friday evening. It will be a great event to get back in action, so make plans to attend! Details are available here.
Annual Conference and other meetings
- It is not too early to start planning for the Annual Conference at the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs on Nov 18 & 19. Mark your calendars and plan to participate.
- Regarding CSSGA meetings in general, we conducted a brief survey to determine what members would like to see post COVID. The primary questions and subsequent actions include:
- Would you participate in the Annual Conference with a streamed event? The results were very mixed and do not support live streaming of the Annual meeting. Therefore, it will be in person only at the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs November 18-19.
- Should we continue the Zoom option for attending all other meetings, including those with in person attendance? 85% said yes, they want both the in person and Zoom option. Very strong message, and this aspect will obviously stay in our operating model. This survey had great participation, and I want to thank all those who took the time to complete it. We want direct feedback on items members need from us, and this is one great way to receive it.
- Lastly, regarding legislative efforts throughout the summer, we are participating with the Interim Water Committee regarding providing alternatives to the CDPHE starting an entire new program do deal with WOTUS. If you want to assist in our Task Force combatting the issue, please reach out to Todd.
Zane Luttrell, Rocky Mountain Aggregate & Construction LLC
CSSGA Board President
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.