Executive Director’s Blog January 2020
Hello CSSGA members and Happy New Year!! 2020 is upon us. I hope your new year started off well and continues that way for the next 12 months. Exciting times in the aggregate mining industry!
- The Colorado Legislative Session has begun. As a reminder, you are welcome to help us every Monday, as we meet at the Capitol with our lobbyist, Totsy Rees, and discuss the bills working their way through the system. Several of the bills being discussed so far include the mandatory use of biodiesel in trucks and family medical leave for all businesses in Colorado. As these are only a few, you will not want to miss a second of the FUN!! Join us Monday mornings at 8 am in the Capitol basement. Refer to this article for details on the General Assembly leadership’s goals for this year’s legislative session.
- Additionally, we will have 4 Legislative Breakfast sessions that precede the board meetings this spring. These will be on Jan 22, Feb 19, March 18 and April 15 beginning at 7:30 am at the Tetra Tech downtown office. RSVP is required in advance and is open to all CSSGA members.
- The joint CSSGA/CRMCA Ski Event is quickly approaching. It will again be held in Breckenridge on Jan 23-24. This allows attendees to conduct business in the beautiful and relaxing Colorado mountains. Get signed up and take advantage of the opportunity.
- On Feb 27 at 10:00 am we have a timely and educational webinar named “Updates in Colorado Employment Law”. As rules change, this is a great opportunity to keep abreast of regulations. Use this link to register for the webinar.
- We have partnered with Employers Council to bring you a training session called “Emotional Intelligence at Work”. This expertly facilitated course offers participants the opportunity to focus on the essential elements that lead to the building of or erosion of effective relationships and subsequent outcomes. Emotional Intelligence (EQ) is much more than simply understanding and naming your emotions. You will want to attend this event scheduled for March 17, be on the lookout for registration information.
- Finally, also on March 17, we will once again hold our very well attended Networking Event at the Colorado Governor’s Mansion in Denver. This is a great setting to interact with board members, those elected to congress, and our valued material and service providers – and this year, to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day!! Registration and details will be available later this month.
As I mentioned, I hope your year is off to a great start. Be safe and join us for some of the many upcoming events. Thanks.
Todd R. Ohlheiser
Colorado Stone, Sand & Gravel Association
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.