December 2019 Blog – Special Annual Conference Edition!
CRMCA and CSSGA Board Members Attend the 2019 Annual Conference.
Hello CSSGA members,
I know that travel was a little crazy last week and hope you were able to connect with your family and friends and enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday! Staying true to my millennial roots, I celebrated with my family and cooked a pork shoulder instead of turkey – blasphemous, I know! Regardless of however you decided to enjoy the holiday, I hope it was relaxing, fun, and safe.
Not only was I lucky enough to celebrate the holidays with my family, but I also was able to connect with many CSSGA members on November 21-22 during the Annual Conference. This year’s event had the highest attendance in at least the last 8 years as well as record sponsorship. So, before I get started, I need to thank you all for your continued support of the associations. Your participation is what makes our events a success!
This December we are bringing you a special edition of the monthly CSSGA blog. This edition focuses on the 2019 Annual Conference, please read on for more details on last month’s event.
- Award Winners. Congratulations to the 2019 Annual Conference Award Winners!
- CSSGA Committee of the Year: Land Use & Environmental Committee. Presented to Stephanie Fancher-English of Loveland Ready-Mix Concrete.
- CRMCA Market Committee of the Year: Central Market Committee. Presented to Tom Cummings of CR Minerals.
- Best Actor in a Leading Role: Dana Rotkovich, BURNCO Colorado. Have you seen our Build With Strength video yet?!?
- Best Director: Annelise Shepherd, CRMCA. Special shout out to Mike Alvarado of CRH Americas Materials who deserves all the credit.
- Rodman C. Stewart Memorial Leadership Award: Andy Geisler, BURNCO Colorado.
- Safety Innovation Award: Ian Thompson, Martin Marietta.
- Jack Starner Memorial Reclamation Award – Outstanding Reclamation of Multiple Sites: Kit Carson County
- Jack Starner Memorial Reclamation Award – Implementation of New Reclamation Procedures: Yuma County
- Jack Starner Memorial Reclamation Award – Outstanding Collaboration in Reclamation & Restoration: Summit County
- Andre van Hall. Were you able to attend the Presidents’ Dinner during the Annual Conference? If not, then check out this message from our keynote speaker, Andre van Hall! If so, you will still appreciate this post-conference message from Andre. He delivered a moving speech with a wonderful message of staying curious even when you are facing adversity in your life. In addition, CSSGA and CRMCA donated $2000 to Guide Dogs for the Blind in lieu of distributing promotional gifts during the event. Our donation was made during Giving Tuesday and was matched dollar for dollar, bringing the grand total to $4000!!
- Speaker Presentations. Thank you once again to the 2019 Annual Conference speakers! This event would not be possible without the support and expertise of the individuals who presented at our event. Below you will find copies of the presentations from the Annual Conference.
- Colorado Public Works Journal’s Advertisement Winner. Congratulations to CSSGA Board Member, Mark Johnson of BURNCO Colorado, for winning an ad in the WINTER issue of Colorado Public Works Journal (CPWJ)! Thanks again to Jo Taylor, managing editor of CPWJ, for her support of the CRMCA and CSSGA. Use this link to learn more about the magazine and subscribe today!
- Post Event Survey. Did you love the format of this year’s event, but weren’t sure who to tell? Did you loathe the length of the meetings and need a place to vent? Well, you are in luck, we have created a 2019 Annual Conference Post-Event Survey. In all seriousness, your responses help drive the direction for future events, please complete the survey and give us your constructive feedback. The survey will take approximately 5 minutes to complete.
- THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS! Last, but certainly not least, I want to thank our 2019 Annual Conference Sponsors for their generosity and support of CSSGA/CRMCA!!
- Platinum: Cemex, Holcim (US), Inc., Martin Marietta, Mountain Cement Company, Wagner Equipment
- Gold: Albert Frei & Sons, BURNCO Colorado
- Silver: Chryso, Faris Machinery, Four Corners Materials/United Companies/Telluride Gravel, GCP Applied Technologies, Skyway Cement, Tezak Heavy Equipment, Transpro/Burgener
- Bronze: Bruckner’s Truck Sales, Con-Tech Manufacturing, FiberForce, Loveland Ready-Mix Concrete, MHC Kenworth, Sika
- Partner: CON-E-CO, Euclid Chemical Co., Master Builder Solutions, Salt River Materials Group, Tetra Tech, Inc., Vince Hagan Company
On behalf of CSSGA and CRMCA, thank you for being a part of our associations. If you are interested in getting involved please reach out to see where you can best plug-in. Wishing you the best over the coming holiday season.
Colorado Stone, Sand & Gravel Association
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.