February 2020 Executive Director’s Blog
CRMCA and CSSGA members enjoyed the 2020 Ski Retreat
Hello CSSGA Membership. We are now well into the new year of 2020. Things are off to a great start on many fronts. Here are a few of them.
- I hope you were part of the 2nd Annual Ski Retreat in Breckenridge on January 23-24! This event was hosted by both CSSGA and CRMCA and was a great success with a 35% increase in registrants over the previous year. We look forward to continuing to promote this event along with alternative networking options throughout the year.
- The 2020 Legislative Session is off and running. The CRMCA/CSSGA Governmental Affairs Committee has been active since the Legislative Session kicked off on January 8. The subcommittee meets every Monday morning in the basement of the Capitol to review upcoming legislation. While there will be many bills we will deal with, there are 2 major bills we are focusing on presently – HB20-1089 Employee Protection Lawful Off-duty Activities (regulating termination for use of marijuana outside work hours) and SB20-038 Statewide Biodiesel Blend Requirement Diesel Fuel Sales (attempts to establish a statewide standard for the sale of biodiesel-blended diesel fuel in the state).
- We will hold the first CSSGA/CRMCA Governmental Affairs Committee meeting of the year on February 17 from 9:30-10:30 am at LG Everist’s office in Henderson. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to attend. Any member is welcome. With this year being an election year, the Governmental Affairs Committee will be actively pursuing fundraising for the CONCRETE and ROCK Political Action Committees and we want to discuss strategies for a successful start.
- In an effort to bring viable and useful training to membership, we are holding a webinar from 10:00 – 11:00 am on February 27 on Recent Updates to Colorado Employment Law. Ben Ross of Fischer Phillips is presenting. Register today!
- I am pleased to announce 2 exciting events taking place on March 17. The first is Leadership Training on Emotional Intelligence, which allows members of any age to improve skills and increase their leadership abilities. This is then followed by our St. Patrick’s Day Networking Event at the Colorado Governor’s Mansion. Those that have been there know this is a great setting to network and interact with producer and associate members. Plan to register and attend.
- Lastly, room reservations are available for the 2020 Summer Conference. The CSSGA Board of Directors voted to align this event with CRMCA, so the joint event will be held in Vail on July 30-31. Additional details along with registration will be available in the coming months.
Thanks for your active participation in CSSGA and I hope your year is off to a great start!
Todd R. Ohlheiser
Colorado Stone, Sand & Gravel Association
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.