June 2021 President’s Blog
Greetings CSSGA Members,
Summer is in full swing and we as an organization are running at the same pace. Below is an update from our Governmental Affairs Committee which has been working closely with legislators and committees at the State Capitol. We are pleased to see a return to in person meetings, networking events and conferences. I would appreciate your time and feedback to complete the Virtual, In-Person & Hybrid Meetings and Conferences Survey link listed below. Have a safe and enjoyable June!
- Sustainability Of The Transportation System. On June 2, SB21-260, passed the Colorado House and was sent to Governor Jared Polis. One provision in the bill would tap an existing source of state revenue for transportation. Specifically, $507 million in one-time funding would come from the state’s general fund for fiscal year 2021-22. Additionally, the State Highway Fund would receive $355.2 million. Another $24 million would go to local governments. The remaining $127.8 million would be directed for multimodal uses.
- Global Warming Potential For Public Project Materials. Executive Director, Todd Ohlheiser, and along with the National Ready Mixed Concrete Association’s SVP, Sustainability, Codes and Standards, Tien Peng, provided expert testimony on Colorado HB21-1303, Global Warming Potential For Public Project Materials on May 20.
- Workers Compensation Physician. CSSGA Legislative Subcommittee members actively monitored this legislation which was postponed indefinitely on May 27. Similar legislation is expected to return in 2022.
- Virtual, In-Person & Hybrid Meetings and Conferences Survey. As we look forward to meeting again in person, we need your feedback to shape our future meetings and events. In order to craft events and meetings that best represents our members and partners, we are asking you to complete a brief survey. The Virtual, In-Person & Hybrid Meetings and Conferences Survey will take approximately 5 minutes to complete and your feedback is invaluable. Please complete the survey by Wednesday, June 9.
- Habitat for Humanity Builder Blitz Volunteer Opportunity. CSSGA’s partners at Build With Strength CO along with Open Range Construction and Habitat for Humanity of Teller County will be hosting a Builder Blitz on June 7, 2021. Volunteers will gather to stack Insulated Concrete Form (ICF) walls and observe a concrete pour to complete the walls all in one day! If you or anyone with your company is interested in being involved with this exciting project, please RSVP here or reach out to Emma Dolan.
- Summer Social Networking. Join the CRMCA and the Colorado Stone, Sand & Gravel Association for our first in-person networking event of 2021! The event will be held at Ace Eat Serve on Tuesday, June 15 and cocktails and appetizers will be served. Register here.
- Summer Conference. This year’s event is scheduled for August 12-13 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel and EagleVail Golf Course in Vail, CO. Details are available here.
Zane Luttrell, Rocky Mountain Aggregate & Construction LLC
CSSGA Board President
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.