November 2019 Executive Director’s Blog
Photos from the 2018 Annual Conference
Hello to the members of CSSGA. We just set a record for the lowest “high” temperature for October in Colorado! While I like breaking records, that is one to stay away from. Hopefully the weather turns and we have a much needed warm fall, allowing for projects to be built and completed before the real winter sets in. Here is what’s underway at your Stone, Sand & Gravel Association.
- Make sure your company and employees are recognized for their efforts with the CRMCA/CSSGA Annual Awards. Deadline for these awards is fast approaching on November 1. That’s right, TODAY! I encourage you to complete the application process as these are appreciated by all. Download the award forms.
- Also, I need to mention the Annual Conference coming up November 21 & 22 at the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs. We have a great lineup of speakers this year which will include:
- Michael Johnson, President and CEO of the National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association (NSSGA). As NSSGA is our strong partner dealing with important items in Washington and across the country, he will provide insight on what is going on and what we can do to help. We are very pleased he is taking time out of his busy schedule for this visit.
- Michael Philipps, President of the National Ready Mixed Concrete Association (NRMCA). Michael will be providing specifics on the many changes occurring at NRMCA, as well progress updates on the Build with Strength program. To have both Michael Philipps and Michael Johnson jointly attend a state event is a first in the country. It shows the impact we are making nationally for the mining and concrete industries.
- We have 4 great breakout speakers this year: Laura Beverage, Jackson Kelly PLLC will be providing the very timely presentation called Technology in Safety, the Good, the Bad, and the Unknown. Terry Kish, CSU Pueblo will present: Promoting from Within and the CSU Pueblo Construction Mgmt. Program. Josh Schultz, Law Office of Adele Abrams will present: Respirable Silica Regulation: On the Horizon for Mine Operators. And Bill York-Feirn, DRMS has a great presentation titled: Help Raise the Bar in Mine Safety & Health – the CMSP Credential.
- For our Presidents’ Banquet Friday evening, we are fortunate to have André van Hall, Professional Speaker & Curiosity Instigator. André challenges leaders and teams to wake up their curiosity! An engaging keynote speaker and corporate consultant, André specializes in Change Leadership. You will be as impressed as I was the first time I heard him speak. This is one you will not want to miss! Check out this video to learn a little more about André’s story.
Thanks to all. I hope to see you in Colorado Springs – use this link to register if you haven’t already. Don’t hesitate to reach out to any of us at CSSGA.
Todd R. Ohlheiser
Colorado Stone, Sand & Gravel Association
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.