June 2020 President’s Blog
Greetings CSSGA members,
I hope this month’s eNews finds you and your organization in good health and spirits considering what is going on with the COVID-19 and the recent protesting going on across our nation. I believe that it is important to consider that our industry has remained consistent throughout these challenging times. We have adjusted every aspect of how we conduct our business. Practices that took generations to build upon have been changed in a manner of weeks to accommodate new guidelines recently created.
I find myself easily frustrated, asking “what next” several times a week, however our industry is made up of resilient individuals from laborers to upper management. We are used to dealing with job site conditions that are always changing, permitting and environmental regulations that require constant attention to maintain reserves for the future, and making sure that our employees return home safely to their families after working a long shift. With that being said, I believe we are blessed to have this industry ingrained in our DNA and to have worked under previous aggregate suppliers who helped train us on how to the handle problems of their time. We can be a solid foundation for those people within our companies, community and nation.
Annelise has provided us with an update below of events and committee activities, please feel free to reach out to us within any questions or needs.
- CSSGA and CRMCA leadership made the decision to postpone the Summer Conference to 2021. Please reach out to the Grand Hyatt Vail directly if you made reservations.
- CSSGA has launched a Digital Discussion series! Join the association on Wednesday afternoons from 4:00 – 5:00 pm for a virtual conversation, beverage of your choice, and Q&A session. Hope to have an idea on next week’s speaker by Friday!
- CSSGA leadership is continuing to monitor the ever-evolving situation and plan for multiple different options for future events. We will continue to keep members updated as we know more.
- Governmental Affairs Committee: CSSGA’s Legislative Subcommittee members are monitoring pending legislation at the Capitol and will continue to keep members informed as the session unfolds. The subcommittee is meeting via conference call on Monday mornings, please contact Annelise Shepherd if you would like to participate.
- Land Use & Environmental Committee: The Land Use & Environmental Committee has continued to stay active and engaged through remote meetings and webinars. As many members are working remotely, this is a great time to connect with the committee. The next meeting will be held on June 19 at 10:00 am on Zoom. Benjamin Teschner will be discussing the Colorado State Land Board and ways for CSSGA members to interact with the organization.
- Safety Committee: The Safety Committee is continuing to meet through regularly scheduled committee meetings. The May discussion revolved around regulatory agency interaction and policies during the COVID-19 pandemic as well as how to continue to operate safely as the Construction Industry. Check out the CSSGA COVID-19 Member Resources page for information on how to protect your business and employees.
Thank you for being members of the Colorado Stone, Sand and Gravel Association,
Zane Luttrell, Rocky Mountain Aggregate & Construction
CSSGA Board President
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.